Howard Miller Westminster Melody 4AA Operating Instructions
Posted on May 29, 2020 | By clockde
These instructions are written for the:
625628 Braxton Wall Clock
625595 Reese Wall Clock
625603 Mia Wall Clock
635186 Holden Mantel Clock
Howard Miller Westminster Melody Operating Instructions
OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS FOR QUARTZ WESTMINSTER MELODY MOVEMENT
that use 4 “AA” Batteries.
PRIMARY SETUP INSTRUCTIONS
- BEFORE INSTALLING BATTERIES, SET THE TIME TO 5:50.
- Install four new, fresh “AA” size alkaline batteries in the battery holders according to the (+) and (-) symbols in the holders.
- Turn the TIME SET wheel so the hands are moving CLOCKWISE to set the clock hands to the correct time assuming you were starting at 5:50 AM.
- ALWAYS TURN THE TIME SET WHEEL SO THE HANDS ARE MOVING CLOCKWISE!
Your clock will now be striking the correct amount of times for each hour.
If you followed the instructions above, you should not have to perform the following.
HOURLY STRIKE SETTING (SET Button) – This sets the chime count to the time displayed on the clock.
- Each time the CHIME SET button is pressed the number of strikes increases by one count. Continue pressing the CHIME SET button repeatedly until the number of strikes matches the current hour. For example, if the current time is 8:22, press the CHIME SET button until the clock strikes 8 times. You will hear the chime start to play each time you push the set button UNTIL you reach 11:00 PM (10:00 PM is the last chime of the night). Keep pressing and counting during these “night-off” hours. It will resume playing again when you reach 6:00 AM.
- After setting the chime, if you find that the clock does not chime during the day, but does chime at night, press the chime set button 12 times to adjust the chime settings from a.m. to p.m.
NOTE: The clock has an automatic nighttime silencing feature which silences the chime and strike between 10:01 p.m. and 5:59 am.
If the clock stops, begins to lose time or the chime becomes weak or erratic, it is usually the indication of weak or exhausted batteries. Replace the batteries following the instructions above for PRIMARY SETUP INSTRUCTIONS.
Never leave exhausted batteries in the clock as they can leak and damage the clock.
NOTE: Any time the batteries are removed from the clock, the chime must be reset as described in the HOURLY STRIKE SETTING section.