Howard Miller Westminster Melody Operating Instructions
Posted on December 30, 2019 | By clockde
OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS FOR QUARTZ WESTMINSTER MELODY MOVEMENT
PRIMARY SETUP INSTRUCTIONS
- Remove the cover (if any) from the back of the clock to reveal the movement battery compartment.
- BEFORE INSTALLING BATTERIES, SET THE TIME TO 5:50.
- Install three new, fresh “AA” size alkaline batteries in the battery holders according to the (+) and (-) symbols in the holders.
- Turn the TIME SET wheel so the hands are moving CLOCKWISE to set the clock hands to the correct time assuming you were starting at 5:50 AM.
Your clock will now be striking the correct amount of times for each hour.
HOW TO USE THE “CHIME SET” BUTTON” HOURLY STRIKE SETTING
If you followed the instructions above, you should not have to perform the following.
ALWAYS TURN THE TIME SET WHEEL SO THE HANDS ARE MOVING CLOCKWISE!
- Slide the CHIME ON/OFF switch to the music note position.
TIME SETTING CONTROL
- Each time the CHIME SET button is pressed the number of strikes increases by one count. Continue pressing the CHIME SET button repeatedly until the number of strikes matches the current hour. For example, if the current time is 8:22, press the CHIME SET button until the clock strikes 8 times.
2. After setting the chime, if you find that the clock does not chime during the day, but does chime at night, press the chime set button 12 times to adjust the chime settings from a.m. to p.m.
NOTE: The clock has an automatic nighttime silencing feature which silences the chime and strike between 10:01 p.m. and 5:59 a.m.
Turn the VOLUME CONTROL knob to adjust the volume of the chime.
Slide the CHIME ON/OFF SWITCH to the crossed-out music note position to turn off the hourly chime and strike.
If the clock stops, begins to lose time or the chime becomes weak or erratic, it is usually the indication of
weak or exhausted batteries. Replace the batteries following the instructions above for PRIMARY SETUP INSTRUCTIONS.
Never leave exhausted batteries in the clock as they can leak and damage the clock.
NOTE: Any time the batteries are removed from the clock, the chime must be reset as described in the HOURLY STRIKE SETTING section.